Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Personal Space

Ok,  can we talk about that ever-so-present topic: personal space?  (I hope you have no objections, because I'll talk about it anyway, regardless of what you want me to do.)  Anyway, I think there are some common misconceptions about this "personal space."  The one I'm going to talk about is the one where other people think they can decide what YOUR personal space is.  I mean, there are some things that practically no one really wants to do (sex in public, etc.) but some schools are taking it way too far.  Recently there have been schools banning hugging, holding hands, putting arms around people - all things that normal people can tolerate just fine.  I mean, what's the problem with public displays of affection anywhere?  I sure don't see one.  It's like people want to take ALL the love out of the world.  I don't think this is right.  The thing that really gets me is that the teachers who are getting it banned used to do it themselves when they were that age!  Something is seriously wrong with that picture to me.  What's gonna happen?  It's not like you're going to get someone pregnant from putting your arm around your girlfriend.  One thing I've heard about this is that one girl hugged her friend because her dad died.  They BOTH got IN SCHOOL SUSPENSION!  Is it only me that sees something morally wrong with that picture?  Please keep our schools open to love and companionship.  Keep the love.

No comments: